Medical benefits to help you get & stay well
There are up to four medical plans available to DoD NAF benefit-eligible employees based on where you live:
- Aetna High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) - NEW for 2020!
- Aetna Choice POS II Plan
- Aetna Traditional Choice Plan (only available to employees that do not have a Choice POS II network in their area, and retirees over age 65)
- Aetna International Traditional Choice Plan - (available to employees who live outside the U.S.)
Along with the medical plans, there are two dental plans available as well.
Open Enrollment (October 28 - November 29, 2019) is your time to make decisions about your health care benefits for 2020. We encourage you to visit your NAF employer page under the NAF Enrollment tab on this website. During Open Enrollment you can:
- Join the DoD NAF Health Benefits Program (HBP). The plan available to you is based on your geographic location.
- Switch plans (if applicable).
- Add or remove eligible dependents. You also may make these changes during the plan year within 31 days of a qualified life event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption.
- Enroll in the health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) offered by your DoD NAF employer. You must elect to participate in one or both FSAs each year. You will also need to actively elect a contribution amount each year. Learn more about the FSAs.